The Oregon Medical Marijuana Program has new rules effective today. These rule updates are due to the passage of HB 3400 in the 2015 legislative session.
Here is an overview of the main changes include:
- Growers assigned to grow marijuana by a patient must be 21 years of age or older.
- Grandfathering of grow sites that want to continue growing more than 48 mature plants.
- New application requirements for applicants looking to open a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Starting April 1, 2016, medical marijuana processors may apply online.
- Starting April 1, 2016, medical marijuana growers must create online accounts and pay the grower fee online. Patients growing for themselves and not wanting to transfer marijuana to a dispensary will not have to register and pay.
- Inventory reporting requirements begin in June 2016 for growers, dispensaries and processors. In addition, patient applications forms will be changing on March 1, 2016. If you plan to submit a new or renewal patient application on or after March 1, the new form will need to be used. Also, please be aware that OMMP cards issued March 1 and later will have a new look. The following table outlines compliance dates associated with the new rules.
To review the new rules, please visit: http://www.oregon.gov/oha/mmj/Pages/rules.aspx
(Photo Courtesy of thedailychronic.net)